International Track & Field
International Track & Field is a 3D update of Konami’s Track & Field series. The game was released for the PlayStation in 1996. Up to four players compete in eleven different Olympic events. All six events from the 1983 version of Track & Field are included. It follows the classic rule of “easy to learn but difficult to master”.
International Track & Field uses the three-button control system of its predecessors. Two run buttons and one action button per player. The eleven events may be attempted in any order.
The available events are:
- 100m Sprint
- Long Jump
- Shot Put
- 100m Free style
- 110m Hurdle
- High Jump
- Triple Jump
- Pole Vault
- Highlight 100m Free Style and press Up, up, down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Circle, X. The player activates Bikini Mode.
- Highlight and choose the Start option. Go into any event and pause the game, then press adn hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 + Square + X + Triangle + Circle and press Up or Down repeatedly. The player activates Hide Gauges
- Play the Hammer and throw a distance like 36.36, 57.57 etc. Coloured balloons will be released from the crowd.
- Play the Shot-Put and get a distance like 55.55, 77.77 etc, and the dinosaur will pay a visit to the stadium.
- Clear the qualifying height of 4.5 metres, then set the height to 5.0 metres and clear it. A Space Shuttle will fly by on the next attempt.